“Obtainable at Nigerian Missions”
Transit Visa is available to citizens of all countries except ECOWAS Nationals who do not require visa to visit Nigeria and other countries which Nigeria has entered into visa abolition agreements.
Class of Persons Eligible to Transit Visa
- Foreign Travelers wishing to enter Nigeria for onward destination outside the country.
- Passport valid for at least 6 months with at least 2 blank visa pages for endorsement.
- Two (2) recent passport sized (35/40mm) photograph.
- Confirmed ticket to destination outside Nigeria.
- Evidence of sufficient funds.
- Evidence of Hotel Reservation.
7 days Maximum period of stay.
Caution: Note that this Visa is not valid for employment.
See table of fees here
2 – 3 working days from receipt of application
Step 1:Apply online
Complete the online visa application here and print completed form.
Step 2:Pay online (https://portal.immigration.gov.ng) and print payment receipt.
Step 3:Affix 2 passport sized (35/40mm) passport photographs with white background.
Step 4:Mail application or proceed with the completed form to Embassy/High Commission for submission with attached requirements.
Note: Applicant may be invited for interview if necessary.